Monday 12 March 2012

A weekend at the beach

We spent the weekend away with my sister and her family at the beach.  It was great to catch up and spend some quality time relaxing and enjoying the beautiful surroundings.  I love the sea and the salty air and spent most of my time in the water whilst Ava and Phil made sculptures in the sand of sea turtles and mermaids (unfortunately un-photographed!!)
The area we visited is also the inspiration and setting for many of the popular children's books by  Alison Lester.  This beach is also known as Magic Beach which is one of Ava's favourite stories.  It really is a very special place.
We enjoyed early morning swims, lazing on the beach eating our homegrown watermelon and drifting off to sleep to the sound of the ocean.  I think it may have been the very last of summer..........





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful beach! The clouds look lovely, too. I'm glad you had a nice getaway with your sister.... it's always fun to catch up and spend quality time together. I'll have to check out the book.. thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete