Wednesday 22 February 2012

These Days

The Summer garden harvest is in full swing here.  Tomatoes, chillies, zucchini, capsicum, basil and watermelons (of which Phil is particularly proud!)to name a few.  Our kitchen is also a hive of activity, preserving the season's bounty ready for the leaner months ahead.  We have been making harvest tomato sauce and tomato and thyme tart from this book.



 I have had a little time to finish some sewing too.  A skirt and top set as birthday gifts for two of Ava's little friends.  I am quite happy with the way they turned out. The appliqué (of an elephant in case you are wondering!) on the T shirts was an experiment that turned out better than I expected.  
And a little light reading from our recent trip to the library
Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. She is super cute with the apron on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture of the two in the kitchen together! The green glass bottles in the window are lovely, too!! You did an great job on the shirts/skirts.... I'm sure they'll love them!! Now, I'm wishing I could come over and share some of that tart.. looks delish!

    ReplyDelete