Monday 20 February 2012

A road trip

We have been on a road trip.  A family holiday heading west towards South Australia along the Great Ocean Road.  The end destination was Adelaide where Phil attended a work conference.  It was amazing to see the beauty of the coast and countryside.  We saw some spectacular scenery.
We hopped in the car with quite a few days to spare.  No plans, no daily destination.  We just took in places along the way and stopped when or where we felt like it.  How indulgent.  We are very lucky.
The west coast of Victoria is steeped in history.  Old buildings, old lighthouses (I am a BIG fan of lighthouses and would like to be a keeper one day!) and old fishing ports.  
Adelaide was nice enough, but cities are becoming too busy for me.  I've discovered that I have become a country girl without even realising.  After a few weeks of feeling so unsettled, I know this is the life for me, that I do enjoy the slower pace of farm life and whilst the city is nice to visit, the country is where I belong. It was so good to return home to our farm.
So here are a selection of the many photos we took on our road trip - the 12 apostles, blue lake (an extinct volcano that is now a lake), cape jaffa lighthouse, cape otway lighthouse (there is a theme here!), london bridge, the obelisk at robe, an old church from the 1840's and the big lobster!








1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! I think the best trips are the ones that are not planned and you sort of just go with the flow of where you want to stop and stay. These pictures are beautiful! I am so glad I found your blog so that I can have a peek into your beautiful surroundings where you live and travel. That first picture is just awesome! I'll have to show my boys the giant crab picture... they'll get a kick out of that. Welcome back to your home.... sounds like you are glad to be back on your farm! Take care.

    ReplyDelete